Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 276 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 274 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

KisMod and PCP

General discussion of anything. Discuss a topic in and out of IntegraMOD

Moderator: Integra Moderator

KisMod and PCP

PostAuthor: computerz » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:04 pm

Is PCP going to go away with KisMod??

I ask because I notice many of my mods, which I rely heavily on, are PCP integrated. So if PCP goes away with KisMod then so will my mods, and all of the hard work I've put into IntegraMod over the last year.

And it's already my understanding that many of our existing mods will become non-functional with this new KisMod, and will have to be re-written to work with the new system.

All in all, I'm foreseeing having to spend several years duplicating and re-doing current efforts working with KisMod whenever it is released. I'm not going to want to waste that much time. I'm not going to want to take two years of a step backward, just to get where I am now, with a new system. I am willing to put in time and effort, but not at the cost of scratching everything that I've put together and relied on to this point.

Because if that be the case, then what happens 4 years from now, when PHP 6 and phpBB v4 is released? Will we be scratching the old, in place of a new system too?

I hope this is not the case.
Last edited by computerz on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

computerz
Members
Members

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: KisMod and PCP

PostAuthor: Teelk » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:03 pm

IM 141 will not effect the function of most MODs, and is structurally the same as 140. Therefore, 141 will include PCP. The 1.x.x line of IntegraMOD will all be structurally the same.

The new line of IM, integrmod or kismod(depending on what name will be decided on) will be based on phpBB3, which is completely structurally different from phpBB2(IM's current build). This is where all phpBB2 based MODs will no longer be applicable. The good news is that most MOD authors are updating their current MODs to phpBB3 standards and many of them will be available after phpBB3 is finalized. There will also be a large community of people still using phpBB2 as their forum and therefore will lead to a lot of current MODs still being supported as well as new MODs being released. The buzz around the phpBB3 is enourmous, however, so there will not be a lack of MODs being offered for that system.

I think you'll find that phpBB3's functionality is far superior to phpBB2. And a lot of the most polular MODs for phpBB2 have been emulated and added to phpBB3 in the standard package.

Basically, phpBB2 will most likely be supported for a few more years. When phpBB2 fades away, everything that's available with phpBB2(MODs, templates, etc.) will already be available for phpBB3, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about.
Last edited by Teelk on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teelk
Dev Team
Dev Team

PostAuthor: computerz » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:54 pm

Cool thanks.

That's good news.
Last edited by computerz on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

computerz
Members
Members

Return to General Discussion