Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 304 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 300 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Helter, Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

Highly Suggested Movie: 300

General discussion of anything. Discuss a topic in and out of IntegraMOD

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Highly Suggested Movie: 300

PostAuthor: Frost » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:30 pm

I just got through watching this movie at the theater...

I have only one word to describe it...

"Damn!"

By far the best movie I have EVER seen in a theater.
Other then Frank Miller's crazy graphic additions and an ending I would have done differently that is.

"300" is an adaptation of Frank Miller's epic graphic novel. Using hyper-real renderings similar to Miller's own graphically stylized illustrations, the film tells the true story of 300 elite Spartan warriors led by their fearless king Leonidas (Butler), who thwart the charge of Xerxes and his massive Persian army at the battle of Thermopylae. Facing insurmountable odds, their valor and sacrifice inspire all of Greece to unite against their Persian foe, leading to the origins of democracy.

Warning! The following tells a bit about the movie. If you haven't seen the movie do not look under the spoiler.

When you think about it mathematically...
[spoil]1. Xerxes's army was over a million warriors
2. Leonidas's army was 300 of his best and elite warriors

Ok.. now at the ending of the movie, the "messenger" he sends back to Sparta to tell everyone what happened eventually raises and brings forth the whole of the Spartan Army. This is an army of 10,000 men. Then they add to that army with 30,000 warriors or "free men" of Greece.

Combined that's 40,000 soldiers.

At the end of the movie the messenger/new general tells his men that the odds are only 3-1 against them now.

So, if his army is 40,000 soldiers, and Xerxes's is 3-1 more, that makes Xerxes's army now at approximately 120,000 soldiers.

So, you have to think about the fact that 300 Elite Soldiers under the control of Leonidas, killed over 880,000 of Xerxes's soldiers before the rest of Sparta even showed up.

Now... what do you think that big pierced bastard did when he saw an army that big walking towards him?
You smell that?[/spoil:1lzawder]

How I would have ended it...
[spoil:1lzawder]At the end when the rest of the Spartan army was standing there, I would have shown them going forth on one last huge battle and defeating the rest of the army.

Then once they break down the soldiers, eventually they surround the remaining hundreds and work their way to the middle in a circular formation. In the middle would be Xerxes up on his throne. I would have made the Spartans slice through the remaining soldiers holding up the throne and make Xerxes fall and become level with them. Then I would have the messenger/new general make a speech to Xerxes about Spartans and have him honor Leonidas by making Xerxes bow to them. Then as the camera zooms out above Xerxes with the whole army surrounding him, I would show the whole army rush together and smash Xerxes as the camera went off...

But that's just me lol[/spoil:1lzawder]

So... go see the movie, it's worth it lol
Last edited by Frost on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=99px]PhpBB3 Themes[/url] ]PhpBB3 Development Center[/url] [/size]

Frost
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

PostAuthor: tmotley » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:25 pm

It's the first movie I've really wanted to see in the theater in a long time...
Last edited by tmotley on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tmotley
IntegraMODerators
IntegraMODerators

Re: Highly Suggested Movie: 300

PostAuthor: Pogue Moran » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:44 am

Lol frost very vivid. If only that would have actually happened. Historians vary the number of Xerxes actual army sometimes they say a million sometimes several hundred thousand. You have to take into account there were many battles between the pass at Thermopylae and Plateua. The interesting thing is if the battle of Thermopylae never happened then the greeks would have always remained city-states. They probably would have been totally conquered and democracy wouldn't have taken root anywhere. It was at this moment that things changed.
Last edited by Pogue Moran on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pogue Moran
Members
Members

Return to General Discussion