Best VPS Plans/VPS Information

General discussion of anything. Discuss a topic in and out of IntegraMOD

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Best VPS Plans/VPS Information

PostAuthor: ZacFields » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:16 pm

Hey Guys!

I know we've had this discussion over and over, but VPS plans change basically every month, so I thought it would be good to have a VPS discussion right now.

Here's what I want you to do: Post up a link to your website and then give us the specifications of your particular VPS. In addition, give us some info about the traffic to your site.

The reason I want to see links is because I think everyone would like to see what kinds of page loads you are experiencing. This is the best way to see which VPS hosts and prices can make an E-Tegra run like gravy!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's my website: http://www.crunderground.com

Plan: SPRY Cpanel VPS 300
Cost: ~$60/month after 25% off coupon available to everyone.
Disk Space: 20gb
Bandwidth: 250gb
Guaranteed RAM: 512mb
Burstable RAM: 1024mb
Dedicated IP's: 4 (I actually have 6 I think)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My site's traffic: Usually 4-8 users online at any given time except after about 1am until 11am. In addition, spiders tend to hit my site hard. Almost always between 4-6 spider IP's on my site at any given time.

BE WARY of Spry's VPS 200 plan!!!!!!! For my traffic, this plan was not sufficient to run E-Tegra. Pages loaded within 3-5 seconds and this was after months of cutting queries, toggling my cache, and blocking all search engine spiders.

The reason is because Spry's VPS 200 plan (while inexpensive at about $35/month after the 25% off) only gives you 20% of one CPU on the box. E-Tegra can be very CPU intensive and 20% of one CPU is usually not going to cut it. The Spry VPS 300 plans give you 100% of one CPU, and the Spry VPS 400 plan gives you 100% of BOTH CPU's on the box.

If you can afford it, Spry's VPS 300 is an ideal solution for E-tegra. At $60 (after 25% discount) it's not that expensive, and my pages load usually under 1 second, and ALWAYS under 2 seconds except the garage page, which has a coding error that I'm working on.

Zac
Last edited by ZacFields on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZacFields
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Return to General Discussion