Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 559 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 557 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

integramod vs. vBulletin

General discussion of anything. Discuss a topic in and out of IntegraMOD

Moderator: Integra Moderator

integramod vs. vBulletin

PostAuthor: .QUACK.Major.Pain » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:04 pm

Hey guys, need a little help.

I am going to be setting up another website soon, and am undecided if I should use integra or vBulletin.
I have been using integra for quite a while now and love it. I am looking to see what others that have used vBulletin in the past thought of it.

I am not looking to learn a new forum.

I frequent several other forums that all use vBulletin. The all have about 100,000-200,000+ users with sometimes over 2000 users online at one time. The site I am creating will be very similiar to these sites and has the potential to eventually have the same stats in time.

Some features they use is that they can set the site to only be available to VIP members in high volume times.
I was wondering if Integra can be done similiarly?

Is this the way it could be setup?

Using auto-join for a usergroup. When users register, they automatically are joined into a usergroup.
Paying users would be moved to VIP usergroup. When site gets overloaded, I could set site to VIP usergroup only and set it back to Regular usergroup when it decreases.
Am I on the right track?

Also has the option to align sub-forum index so everything is lined up nicely. Something integra doesn't have. Something I would like to see added to integra.

They have the abitlity to set an Live RSS feed for each individual forum. Something I would like to see available with integra.

You can see a similiar site here, that I am looking to create: http://www.ftabins.net/

I am leaning toward integra again, but vBulletin does have the additional features.
Last edited by .QUACK.Major.Pain on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

.QUACK.Major.Pain
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

PostAuthor: richiebgood » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:14 pm

I love integramod for the fact that you can use it to build an entire site from it, not just a forum. Thats why I am sticking with it.

I get about 500 unique hits a day, about 30 users logging on a day so speed is not really an issue yet.
Last edited by richiebgood on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richiebgood
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Re: integramod vs. vBulletin

PostAuthor: .QUACK.Major.Pain » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:54 pm

Actually I stuck with Integra site.
My old site has has almost 600 users with at times 200+ on at peak times with no issues.

The new site is now set up and has a potential in a couple of years to hit 100,00+ members with an average of 2000-3000 users on at same time and can have 8000-12000 users on at same time at peak times. Really interested to see how things run when we hit that mile stone. Obviously I will be looking to upgrade my hosting when that happens. Or at least I would assume I would have to. A lot of the site is posting and downloading small bin files. At the moment I have 150 attached files for download, and that's about 1/20th of the files. Still have a lot to add.

I have a real good plan already so hope it lasts me for a while.
Last edited by .QUACK.Major.Pain on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

.QUACK.Major.Pain
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Return to General Discussion