In total there are 310 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 309 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

Quick Question

General discussion of anything. Discuss a topic in and out of IntegraMOD

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Quick Question

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Thu May 15, 2008 5:41 pm

Im working on a integrmod install for a gal down in Florida and she wants a nav box built in...easy enough as we all know, BUT what she wants in it is not so easy.

She wants me to make it so that a users Username is the link and if a person clicks on that link, they can send a yahoo instant mesage to that user.

So for example if I was in the link

MWE_001

and they clicked on that, my yahoo messenger would receive a message from them.

How can I pull this off? I know that it would need to be added per user. Just not sure how to go about doing this. Im lost. She definately stumped me on this one.
Last edited by MWE_001 on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Quick Question

PostAuthor: CaNNon » Thu May 15, 2008 9:06 pm

I don't think you can with out a copy running on the site?

But I think you can have clicking a user name open it on the client machine and configure the new contact.
I got to tell you right of the bat it's been a long time since I played with that stuff and I'm not sure if security software on the client machine will be a issue.

It would work much like clicking a email address that opens outlook on the client machine. Now if the user who is listed in the box, and is on chat, then a connection would be made right away.
Last edited by CaNNon on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaNNon
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Re: Quick Question

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:20 am

I played with several other websites lastnight that have this feature and they all do the same thing. It goes to the yahoo home page and says to sign in and make sure your yahoo is running. And then on the website you can put in messages much like Mebo.

Thats about as cloase as I can get her. And I set my yahoo username here at integramod and when i click on the yahoo image in my profile it does the same exact thing. That will have to do her or Ill have to look for someone else who can do it. I found a .script that works to do waht she is after but it is a standalone payware .script and Im not exactly sure how well CTracker would appreciate it.
Last edited by MWE_001 on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Return to General Discussion