Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 315 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 312 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

Might return to IntegraMOD

General discussion of anything. Discuss a topic in and out of IntegraMOD

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Re: Might return to IntegraMOD

PostAuthor: Whisky » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:13 pm

Some old gits here :) I am thus steppin'in

Hi all and txs Helter/MWE_001 for having helped to recover my old account.

I might return too actually. I have started playing wow again and my new guild really need a decent portal :cry:

I've read a lot of threads to figure out what happened those last 10 years but as a a lot of people I am still confused with all the names changes (integramod, integramod2, e tegra, kiss,...) what a mess :)

So basically I have a 1.4.1 (phpbb 2.0.22) portal with 8 wonderful themes that we built back in 2006 + and all the custom tools I developed.
The easiest way would obviously to make a new portal out of this. However I know how much the 1.4.1 version is full of security flaws (including my own tools) and a good target for different attacks . I can probably hack myself any 1.4.1 board. So my personal ethic and paranoia prevent me to take that path :mrgreen:

What I want to do is to upgrade my old 1.4.1 to IM3/phpb3... But how? Is it at least possible ? There's no documentation, no guideline, nothing in the KB, nor in the download/update section. I am completely lost. Is the project frozen?

A short explanation is welcome
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything

Whisky
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

PostAuthor: Helter » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:39 am

IM3 was pulled because most of the mods were never completed. It was built on phpBB3.0.x and as soon as phpBB3.1.x was released most mod authors either dropped their projects or moved all development to the new version. With the exception of the download mod and gallery and portal, none of the major mods were ever completed. For much of the IM3 development, I was on my own and I just couldn't keep up with trying to complete unfinished mods while keeping the beta up to date. Mike and I updated IM150 to work with the latest php version about a year ago but there didnt seem like much interest in the project so we didnt complete updating a few mods like pafiledb and gallery. Recently MWE and Vendethiel picked up the ball and did alot of work to update all the mods and make IM150 a viable project again. Ive been following the project but I have not had time to test it out yet.
the main differences between 141 and 150 as I remember are
updated to phpBB3.0.24
Updated ctracker
updated xtreme styles
dozens of mod modifications fixing security holes
language buttons
hundreds of rewritten php functions
template rewritten to validate at wc3
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Cash on hand: 172.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:55 pm

Yeah there was major work done to it to say the least and yeah it is phpBB2.0.24 unofficial for phpBB refugees. Closed the security hole in the mod cp with locking topics and images issue.

I been tied up badly the last couple weeks. First net was bad and now that it is working, I got roped in to two new urgent projects. I can not wait to get a few days to spare to get back on it. :roll:
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Whisky » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:27 am

ok... I learned something, I did not know that IM150 was built around phpbb3

If I am correct, phpbb2 styles were table-based and phbb3 is CSS/div based.
So I guess it will be hardly possible to convert my own themes automatically, right ? This is my main issue actually. The Warcraft themes I hold are shinning and unique and I'd like to convert them but I am not willing to remake them from scratch :cry:

Whisky
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Vendethiel » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:25 am

Whisky wrote:So basically I have a 1.4.1 (phpbb 2.0.22) portal with 8 wonderful themes that we built back in 2006 + and all the custom tools I developed.
The easiest way would obviously to make a new portal out of this. However I know how much the 1.4.1 version is full of security flaws (including my own tools) and a good target for different attacks . I can probably hack myself any 1.4.1 board. So my personal ethic and paranoia prevent me to take that path :mrgreen:
As was said previously, I can't help you with phpBB3 business. However I can confirm IM1.5.0 (to be IM1.5.1) works fine on recent PHP versions (not yet PHP 7, as I didn't get to try it out, but since IM already has a mysqli driver, it shouldn't be that much hassle)

ok... I learned something, I did not know that IM150 was built around phpbb3
They weren't. I assume "3.0.24" was just a typo – it's actually 2.0.24 :-). (phpBB 3.0 only goes up to 3.0.11 anyway)

Vendethiel
Administrator
Administrator

Cash on hand: 60.00

PostAuthor: Whisky » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:31 am

Ah!
Good news

I am thus DLing the dev copy of IM151 and I'll see what it gives

Whisky
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Helter » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:50 am

yes sorry, I meant IM150/151 = phpBB2.0.24 :oops:
Also, unless the mysqli driver has been completed, it does not work. On install choose mysql4/5. Mysql3.x should probably be removed from the options list

note that the version in our dl section is not the latest version. Perhaps if MWE or Vendethiel are satisfied that the Git version is stable they can update our dl section.
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Vendethiel » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:34 pm

note that the version in our dl section is not the latest version. Perhaps if MWE or Vendethiel are satisfied that the Git version is stable they can update our dl section.
I'll try to dig some time on wednesday. Starting from a scratch install, try to fix what's left (like your other issue), take a look at mysqli (because I think it's pretty important we get it done)

Vendethiel
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Helter » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:48 pm

I uploaded some template fixes and a working mysqli to the "Install Bug" thread here
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8494

One remaining bug is the prillian bug in root/mods/contact/class_contact.php
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Vendethiel » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:27 am

All these are fixed! The git version is starting to get really stable.

Vendethiel
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Helter » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:59 am

did you find the class_contact.php bug?
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Vendethiel » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:20 am

You can see the fix here: https://github.com/IntegraMOD/IntegraMO ... d2882d0ee0

I also fixed a bug @MWE001 reported: https://github.com/IntegraMOD/IntegraMO ... 1d6d329d4c

And added username color to the "last post" column on index: https://github.com/IntegraMOD/IntegraMO ... 958f34fb20

Vendethiel
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:36 pm

Nice!
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Schnulli-de » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:42 am

@Vendethiel

Looks great

But be warned !
in the old Version are Backdoors hidden ! Full Access to the whole Board is given when you know where, it was the old idea to avoid illegal commecial use ! This Backdoor has been published ! ACP=> Chat and n and more is it, we had the idea to place inside, but it isnt safe ! REmove or rewrite the code it should be safe crypted connection, we heard that even in the IRC you can read it in some chans !

Here in Germany an Idiot stole our old and original version of Integramod 132.de and solt it ! Since that, we have alooooot trouble who is the owner of the source code.....
If you have questions i still have the original 132.de Dev Version in my Safe to Diff.
If in need but i will send ONLY on a trusted and prooved Account
It could be no problem to switch a old server with php 4.x and the original 132.de online to diff and debug for PHP 5.x and Mysql

Latey i get asked more and more for integramod very very often !!!!

Best Regards
integramod.de is online but isnt be seen online what i work on !
Schnulli-de
Translation Team
Translation Team

PostAuthor: Hauger » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:55 am

Schnulli-de wrote:@Vendethiel

Looks great

But be warned !
in the old Version are Backdoors hidden ! Full Access to these fat burners that work is given when you know where, it was the old idea to avoid illegal commecial use ! This Backdoor has been published ! ACP=> Chat and n and more is it, we had the idea to place inside, but it isnt safe ! REmove or rewrite the code it should be safe crypted connection, we heard that even in the IRC you can read it in some chans !

What? So any Tom, Dick or Harry can get into the backend of your site? Thanks for the warning.
Last edited by Hauger on Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:58 am, edited 5 times in total.

Hauger

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion