Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 301 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 299 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

Might return to IntegraMOD

General discussion of anything. Discuss a topic in and out of IntegraMOD

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Might return to IntegraMOD

PostAuthor: Dragonsys » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:21 pm

I might be coming back to phpBB/IntegraMOD being the state of vBulletin these days. But I have some questions...

1. Is there a list of base MODs in IntegraMOD?
2. When I click on Downloads, there are no files available, under any of the sections (including 1.4.1, 1.5.0, and 3), so how do I download the packages?
3. I don't recall what I was going to ask.
Dragonsys
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Might return to IntegraMOD

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:41 pm

Holy cow! Now this is a blast from the past. Dragonsys!

I am not sure of the mods included so far. I mainly helped on the old site fighting spam etc etc. Hopefully Helter will chime in soon and give you some info.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Dragonsys » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:30 pm

Yeah, I have been using vBulletin for the last several years, but I don't like the direction they have gone with the latest versions. phpBB is still lacking in many ways, but it has come a LONG way from where it was.
Dragonsys
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:40 pm

I have been down and out for along time on websites. I do got several people waiting to see if the new integra is ever released so I can upgrade their sites for them. So far they all have stuck with phpBB/Integramod. Now php is causing major issues with integra 141
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: scooterdude » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:54 am

Hello.....

I also like to see Integramod placed in the download section again. Is there any hope...or is it gone for good

Eivind
! To be or not to be !
scooterdude

PostAuthor: Helter » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:19 pm

Hi Scooter. Which version are you looking for? IM3 is not usable unless your proficient at updating phpbb and several mods manually. When I gave up on it updates were coming in at a mad pace and I could never keep up. Updates have stopped because everyone has moved on to phpBB3.1.x but a few of the mods were never fully finished such as the KB mod and calendar. They both work, but have limited function.
IM141 has many broken functions due to php updates. IM150 is a slightly modified IM141 with a ton of php version fixes but by this point of php, here may be broken function in it also. The prob with IM150 is that there are very few templates. IM140 templates may work but there may be issues with logging in as the login code changed. If you have patience you may be able to update a 141 template to work.
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Cash on hand: 172.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

PostAuthor: scooterdude » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:15 pm

Hello......

I realy like the IM 1.4 and i hope it will work some day.
! To be or not to be !
scooterdude

PostAuthor: Helter » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:29 pm

IM1.4.0. is end of life. IM1.5.0 also has issues with php5.3 and up. Im currently running it on php5.5 and the album mod and pafiledb mods are both broken. everything else seem fine. Ive been talking with Michaelo the last couple days to see if these important mods can be updated to work on current php versions. Ill keep you posted.
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Vendethiel » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:54 pm

(the issues talked about here have been fixed on github)

Vendethiel
Administrator
Administrator

Cash on hand: 60.00

PostAuthor: Helter » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:00 pm

Welcome to the forum Vendethiel. Thank you for all the hard work you and MWE have been doing on IM151. Everyone who has used it knows it is the most complete "one size fits all" forum solution. Im sure if it becomes viable on current server configurations it will quickly regain popularity.
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Vendethiel » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:01 am

It'll be an uphill battle with PHP7 around the corner, but it should be worth it. I'll check the work you guys put in (the beta package uploaded here) to see which parts you worked on we can take :). I can't help with the popularity aspect, I know nothing about communities :P

Vendethiel
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:11 am

I just do it for the enjoyment. If someone can get some use out of it, that is great. I know it is a uphill battle to say the least. Things need to happen in a bad kind of way to bring it up to date. Bootstrap, foundation or something responsive. Bootstrap is awesome if a designer will look outside the box and change stuff up. Most people like it so much as is, things become cookie cutter. :D

MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Vendethiel » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:19 am

If you have the mental strength to make a bootstrap template, I'd be seriously amazed. I know I don't...

Vendethiel
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:57 pm

I have been working with 2 bootstrap websites for the last 2 weeks or so since my net came back on. It is not a fun journey but one that must be done to stay in the game now days as far as software goes. Everything is mobile and should be treated as such. Without mobile capacity, a project is all but finished before it gets started.

Do I have the know how, no, not at all. Am I willing to not lay down and give up? Sure. Why not. What else do I have to do now days lol.

MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Helter » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:51 pm

a full bootstrap template for IM151 is a monumental task and probably not realistic for one dev. I think it would take a team of 2-3 devs several months to complete. Perhaps a simpler task is to port the phpBB2.0.23 version of prosilver to IM. It removes all structural tables and uses css for structure. That makes it a relatively simple task to make it responsive. One version of IM3 used a fully responsive version of prosilver 3.0.7

the two tricky files to port will be index_box.tpl and topics_list_box.tpl
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to General Discussion