Moving Integramod 132c from one server to another

support for IntegraMOD 132

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Moving Integramod 132c from one server to another

PostAuthor: doswald » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:13 am

Hi friends,

As of tonight I've got no lucks to transfer my IM 132c from one machine to the other, I successfully setup the following:

PHP
MYSQL 4x

I backup the previous database, copy the whole folders and files of IM, I also setup IIS, when I try to browse my page http://192.168.0.3/ (that's the IP i used and setup in IIS)

This error shows

Warning: mysql_connect(): Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in D:GARCIANBETAdbmysql4.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:GARCIANBETAdbmysql4.php on line 585

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:GARCIANBETAdbmysql4.php on line 586
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Please assist me guys.

Thanks
Last edited by doswald on Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One of the best ways to educate our hearts is to look at our interaction with other people, because our relationships with others are fundamentally a reflection of our relationship with ourselves.
--Stephen R. Covey First Things First--
doswald
Integra Member
Integra Member

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

PostAuthor: Adrian Rea » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:32 am

Have you checked the data in config.php is correct?

A
Last edited by Adrian Rea on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adrian Rea
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: doswald » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:18 pm

"Adrian Rea";p="8149" wrote:Have you checked the data in config.php is correct?

A

Thanks A, yes I did. Everything was paralleled, from the application, to the config of database, etc.

Still I've got the same error, what I did is installed PHP (same version as with the working INtegramod), same version of MySQL, and IIS too.

I check and searched throughout the Internet the reason for the error, and it says, its' in the MySQL setting, according to them I need to change the password or use SET PASSWORD FOR command in mysql>

I found the link related to that and the instructions are these

A.2.3 Client does not support authentication protocol
MySQL 4.1 and up uses an authentication protocol based on a password hashing algorithm that is incompatible with that used by older clients. If you upgrade the server to 4.1, attempts to connect to it with an older client may fail with the following message:

shell> mysql
Client does not support authentication protocol requested
by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

To solve this problem, you should use one of the following approaches:

Upgrade all client programs to use a 4.1.1 or newer client library.
When connecting to the server with a pre-4.1 client program, use an account that still has a pre-4.1-style password.
Reset the password to pre-4.1 style for each user that needs to use a pre-4.1 client program. This can be done using the SET PASSWORD statement and the OLD_PASSWORD() function:
mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR
-> 'some_user'@'some_host' = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd');

Alternatively, use UPDATE and FLUSH PRIVILEGES:
mysql> UPDATE mysql.user SET Password = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd')
-> WHERE Host = 'some_host' AND User = 'some_user';
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Substitute the password you want to use for ``newpwd'' in the preceding examples. MySQL cannot tell you what the original password was, so you'll need to pick a new one.
Tell the server to use the older password hashing algorithm:
Start mysqld with the --old-passwords option.
Assign an old-format password to each account that has had its password updated to the longer 4.1 format. You can identify these accounts with the following query:
mysql> SELECT Host, User, Password FROM mysql.user
-> WHERE LENGTH(Password) > 16;

For each account record displayed by the query, use the Host and User values and assign a password using the OLD_PASSWORD() function and either SET PASSWORD or UPDATE, as described earlier.
For additional background on password hashing and authentication, see section 5.5.9 Password Hashing in MySQL 4.1.

My problem is (I admit I'm not that familiar with MySQL), I dont know in this line

mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR
-> 'some_user'@'some_host' = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd');

I've got no idea if I will include ' or do I need to type exactly including the spacing, etc.

I appreciate if you could give me guys an example using this command? I want to know and find a solution if in case my server goes down, I can immediately putting it up even in another machine.

I think it is a great idea to have a KB or having an How To (Transfer IntegraMOD in another machine)

I hope I could find solution again with the help of you guys.

Best regards,

Doswald
Last edited by doswald on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One of the best ways to educate our hearts is to look at our interaction with other people, because our relationships with others are fundamentally a reflection of our relationship with ourselves.
--Stephen R. Covey First Things First--
doswald
Integra Member
Integra Member

Return to IntegraMOD 132