Adjust forum's post total?

Support for IntegraMOD 140

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Adjust forum's post total?

PostAuthor: ZacFields » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:44 pm

Hey guys,

Okay while my forum is running great on the new server, it still should run much faster. I've gone from 5 second pageloads during non-peak times and 30 second pageloads during peak times down to 1.5 second pageloads during non peak times and 3 second pageloads during peak times.

The site still should run faster...this VPS I am on is blazing fast. These pages should be loading in half a second or better.

So what do you guys think about this for an idea....

I was thinking about making a backup of the site, and then launching something like the "archives" here on integramod with the old version of my site. Then I want to prune all the posts down to about 2 months ago on my site. Do you guys think that would solve my speed problem?

Also, is there a way to adjust my forums post total? I'm kinda in heated competition with competing forums of the same type in the area and I just want to keep my total post count in tact.

OR, does anyone know how to fix my slow forums? I've tried repairing and optimizing the database....I just don't know what else to do. Does anyone have any ideas?

Zac
Last edited by ZacFields on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZacFields
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Return to IntegraMOD 140