Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 565 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 562 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

Mass Email Error

Support for IntegraMOD 140

Moderator: Integra Moderator

PostAuthor: setthiscircusdown » Mon May 15, 2006 4:16 am

Mine is not working for mass pm's either...
Last edited by setthiscircusdown on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

setthiscircusdown
Members
Members

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Mass Email Error

PostAuthor: Teelk » Tue May 16, 2006 10:33 pm

The mass pm is a server side issue, a lot of hosts limit the amount of emails allowed to be sent at one time. There's a fix for this somewhere that breaks up the emails so that all aren't sent using one command. I'll take a look for it and see if it's a quick install on IM(once I get my test sites set up)... hopefully this week.
Last edited by Teelk on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teelk
Dev Team
Dev Team

PostAuthor: Teelk » Tue May 16, 2006 10:57 pm

Ok, it's not really a fix, but a seperate MOD... a small one though. I don't have the ability to test it right now, but there are no file edits. So, if someone wants to give it a go and get back to me that'd be great. Just upload the files, following the directory structure provided.

Try sending 50 emails at a time and see if that fixes the problem.
Attachments
mega_mail_v096b_IM140.zip
(8.01 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
Last edited by Teelk on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teelk
Dev Team
Dev Team

PostAuthor: Wiked » Wed May 17, 2006 6:14 am

Teelk,

Thanks for that little MOD.

I installed it in under 2 mins as its easy like you said with no file changes and all works fine.

I sent a mass email with each 5 users getting their emails spaced out over 30 seconds. As far as I could tell in Admin it all went very well.

Anyway seems I got 16 of the emails all back to me at my admin email address and nothing at all in my email inbox for my test user account.

So then I created a 'Test' usergroup with just my 2 accounts in it so I could test it out. I sent a test message and strange thing is that I got 3 copies of that email under my admin email address only. Nothing at all in my test account email address.

Clearly this thing has some issues. Its much better designed that the IM one so I hope that this bug can be fixed at some time in the future.

If anybody else has some luck with it then let us know.

[color=red]EDIT] 10% of my members so far have told me that they did get the email. I guess as far as that goes it was a success. I
Last edited by Wiked on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wiked

PostAuthor: Bush » Thu May 25, 2006 9:32 am

Users may not be getting your mail because of a Mail setting on the server. A lot of places do not allow you to send "bulk" mail.
Last edited by Bush on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no signature.

Bush
Integra Member
Integra Member

PostAuthor: GrossKopf » Fri May 26, 2006 8:17 am

This error isn't restricted to mass email. All of a sudden I'm getting this error too when sending PM's or just sending a single regular email from my forums.

Some people mention it may be a host problem. Can you go into more detail so I can figure out what needs to be fixed on my host's side?
Last edited by GrossKopf on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrossKopf

PostAuthor: Sadasius2 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:46 am

My mass email works fine as long as I am only sending 50 at a time (thats because of Bellnexxia).....which reminds me to ask if anyone can make a mod for that to make it easier instead of having to click each and every damn person to include or exclude. I have to count as I go as well and if I miscount, I have to start over. Would be nice to have them numbered even if anything for those who like me have a limited number to send at a time.

My mass PM's however gives me an error every time. I can do single one's but not mass one's.

Another issue I have with the mass email is the lack of code that can be inserted. Basically you cannot add code to include a picture or to make it a nice html type email for events etc or for sales for those who have a store. Everything has to be basic text to work.

I guess I should add that I am still using 2.0.19 and have not yet upgraded and that I am hosting my own on a window based Apache2 server.

Oh and another emailer problem.....My digests are being sent out empty. They send just fine whenever people ask it to, but unfortunately it is just a blank email. If there is a fix for this I will VERY VERY much appreciate it as it has been a problem since I have installed and used Integramod on Aug 23rd, 2005.

Oh and another issue. What does this mean " The sender of this message could not be verified by Sender ID. Learn more about Sender ID. " I get this from all the emails from the website and I am sure everyone else is getting it too. I get it from THIS site as well, even when I accept it as legit emails. I think it prevents code from being able to work in the emails. May be something to look into.

I love what you guys do and I love integramod very much. Keep up the great work.

P.S. I love the megamail mod. This has helped a great deal. Thank you for that link!!!
Last edited by Sadasius2 on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http][img=left]http://www.houseofottawa.com/dd.gif[/img][/url]
Sadasius2

Previous

Return to IntegraMOD 140