PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:07 pm

Your phpBB Version: 2.0.17
phpBB Type: Integramod 140
MODs: Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge
Board URL: [url]http://[/url]

PHP Version:
MySQL Version:

What was done before the problem appeared?
Tried to upgrade to 1.4.1

What was done to try to solve the problem?
Nothing. Im not real smart with sql

De.scription and Message

I do have my 1.4.1 site running and sitting Idle. I tired to update a 1.4.0 site I had been working on since 32c came out. I tried to upgrade and trashed my site completely. In a fit of rage I deleted my site and started with a fresh install of 1.4.1 that is running right now. Now my question is

I still have my database intact and not corrupted. Is there anyway that I can upload a 1.4.0 site and get it running as a fresh install and import my database JUSt so I can get my information off of my portal pages? And user info such as posts and what now?

I can live without user info and will make everyone reregister no problem, BUT i had 57 pages in IM Portal I wouldnt mind getting back.

Can it be done?
Last edited by MWE_001 on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Trashed site

PostAuthor: Dr. Bantham » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:15 pm

I think you might be better off than you think. Teelk's upgrade .script should accommodate, but I am going to let one of the moderators set this one straight.
Last edited by Dr. Bantham on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Bantham
Integra Member
Integra Member

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:37 pm

Update....

I reuploaded a back up that i had of my site, and restored the database. Site is now online. BUT as soon as I visit that site, im automatically logged in. If I click any link that was deafult in qbar nav, im fine. BUT if I click on any page that i created via IM Portal, i get page can not be displayed. If I try to get in to admin, I get page can not be displayed.

I know Im real close, but I stink horribly bad with sql. Im wondering what I need to do to get back to the norm so I can try to upgrade that site accordingly..
Last edited by MWE_001 on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Teelk » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:58 pm

Ok, you have a db backup of your 140 site, and you want to update to 141.

Import your database and make a new database using the backup.

Upload the 141 files to a new subfolder on your website.

Delete the install and prill_install folders.

Get a copy of your working config.php file and change it to use the new database.

You'll probably need to change .script_path in your config table to match the new folder.

Upload the update .script to the new subfolder and run it, it should update the new database.

You should now have a working 141 site. Verify that things are working and you can move it over to your live site.
Last edited by Teelk on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teelk
Dev Team
Dev Team

Return to IntegraMOD 140