PostAuthor: Sadasius888 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:48 pm

Your phpBB Version: 2.0.19
phpBB Type: Integramod 140
MODs: Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge
Board URL: http://www.houseofottawa.com

PHP Version: 4.4
MySQL Version: 4.1.something

What was done before the problem appeared?

What was done to try to solve the problem?

De.scription and Message

I am having a huge problem with the emailer. I know that my ISP is blocking port 25 and I have not yet resolved how to get emails out so I decided to try and shut off the email so that new users do not get an error message when they try to register to the website. I have switched off as many of the email options as possible and clicked 'override yes' on them all. But I am still getting the error messages and sometimes when someone posts it gives the message as well even though I turned off that function as well. So if I can get help on either turning the emailer straight off or an alternative to my email problem it will be greatly appreciated.

***Update*** I have access to a separate SMTP server for my website with my DNS hosting company using ports other than port 25. But for some reason it still does not work. I cannot figure this out and it is very frustrating. It is something that will eventually have to be addressed as all ISP's are basically going to be doing this in the very near future. Has anyone beat this problem with sympatico yet???

***Update*** Even though I did not solve how to disable the emailer system I did however figured out how to get around blocked ports using my own SMTP server and routing it through my DNS SMTP server. Took some time to figure out but it works nicely now.
Last edited by Sadasius888 on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sadasius888

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Return to IntegraMOD 140