Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 660 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 658 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

White page when trying to update group forum permissions

Support for IntegraMOD 140

Moderator: Integra Moderator

White page when trying to update group forum permissions

PostAuthor: hornakapopolis » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:47 am

Your phpBB Version: 2.0.22
phpBB Type: Integramod 140
MODs: Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge
Board URL: http://www.trenary.org

PHP Version: 4.4.4
MySQL Version: 4.1.22

What was done before the problem appeared?
Nothing for quite some time

What was done to try to solve the problem?
Currently nothing

De.scription and Message

I haven't really tried anything, other than searching the forum, because I vaguely recall running into something similar to this before and it being a relatively simple fix. I thought I'd ask before I went changing things trying to fix it on my own and then not have a clear recollection of what I had already tried.

A new group has just been added to the site. When we go to ACP -> Group Admin -> Permissions, select the group, change the permissions, and press Submit, the page turns white and shows "done" i the status bar. I've let it sit for a while and it never reloads. Also, the changes aren't applied.

This site is pretty much up and running on its own now, so not a lot of changes are made. No mods have been added since the last group was added and that group's permissions were set with no issues. This webhost, though, has been known to reset permissions every once in a while, but I haven't been able to see any changes to file permissions at all. If it makes a difference, there are a lot of forums on this board, but I've tried changing the permissions to only one forum and the same thing occurs.

Is there an easy way to do this through phpMyAdmin? I'd like to get this working for them, if possible, and then troubleshoot it from there. I appreciate the help.
Last edited by hornakapopolis on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hornakapopolis
Members
Members

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: White page when trying to update group forum permissions

PostAuthor: Teelk » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:48 pm

You may be getting an error and it's not showing, this is usually because display_errors is turned off in your php.ini file. If you have access, try turning it on, if not ask your host to do it. You can check to see whether it's on or not through ACP>Tools>PHP info.

It could also be timing out because of lengthy sql queries. If you have a lot of forums, this could be the case.
Last edited by Teelk on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teelk
Dev Team
Dev Team

Re: White page when trying to update group forum permissions

PostAuthor: hornakapopolis » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:55 am

Sorry for the delay in response. I appreciate the post.

My errors on turned on according to that Tools page. If it is a timeout issue, would it go white instantly? There's absolutely no delay. Just a white page with Done in the status bar.

I'm guessing that checking files is my next step. I have another install on the same site and am not getting problems there.

Would anyone have any suggestions on what files I should be looking at? I'm guessing admin_ug_auth.php, but beyond that, I have no idea.
Last edited by hornakapopolis on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hornakapopolis
Members
Members

PostAuthor: hornakapopolis » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:15 am

Well, I did a troubleshooting no-no. I tried that same groups' permissions on different forums, but I didn't try a different group until today.

Changing a different group's permissions works fine. Going back to this new group gives the white screen. (The new group was named "Friends" if that helps anyone.)

I removed a majority of the forums in one area and everything is working fine. So, it did appear to have something to do with the large number of forums... but only with that one group, which I think is odd.

So, I'm still not sure of a definitive "why," but the issue is resolved. I appreciate the help.

hornakapopolis
Members
Members

Return to IntegraMOD 140