Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 301 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 299 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

1.41 RC5 to 1.41 Release

Support for IntegraMOD 141

Moderator: Integra Moderator

1.41 RC5 to 1.41 Release

PostAuthor: rudyvarner » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:02 am

I did some searching for information about this without success. I am about ready to start upgrading a test site from 1.41 RC5 to 1.41 that I'd really not have to recreate and was wondering if anyone has had any problems doing this. I created a site way back when RC5 was released and final release was imminent. I cannot find any documentation about the upgrade process for this path.

Are there any upgrade .scripts that need to be run or will it work just out-of-the-box?

Thanks,

Rudy
Last edited by rudyvarner on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rudyvarner

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

PostAuthor: IntegraMOD » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:09 am

There is not an upgrade path from a beta version, as beta version were just made for testing purposes, however if you just overwrite all your rc5 files with the release version files this might do the trick. One thing I would say is not to overwrite the config.php file or the php security file. This might do the trick but I would recommend for support reasons start from a fresh release version
Last edited by IntegraMOD on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please do not PM for support
IntegraMOD
Administrator
Administrator

Bank: 100.00

PostAuthor: rudyvarner » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:11 am

Unfortunately it's not an option. As we were told before there would be, I would have never used RC5. But thanks anyways for the quick reply and I will try your suggestion.

rudyvarner

PostAuthor: IntegraMOD » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:12 am

make sure u have a backup
Last edited by IntegraMOD on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IntegraMOD
Administrator
Administrator

Bank: 100.00

PostAuthor: ZacFields » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:35 am

Nobody should have told you that you would ever be able to upgrade from an RC beta version of 141 to the final release. It was meant for non-live forums. Technically the deal was that you couldn't even get support for an issue like this but we'll see.

I would try performing the upgrade just like you would from 1.4.0 and see if that works. it should work fine.

Zac
Last edited by ZacFields on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZacFields
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Re: 1.41 RC5 to 1.41 Release

PostAuthor: Teelk » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:52 am

Some database tables won't match I'm afraid. CrackerTracker was updated and Advanced Visual Confirmation was added, and phpBB was updated.

Copy all files from the IM 141 final package to your beta forum, overwriting them.

Get a copy of the latest phpBB update, run it's DB installer. Delete all CrackerTracker tables(they all start with ct_ I believe) and run the CrackerTracker DB installer from http://www.cback.de. There's a copy of AVC 1.2.0 [url=http]here[/url], download it and run the DB installer.

There were other changes made to the sql .scripts, but most of them were just for first time installations and not boards that were already set up. But, I can't promise anything, I haven't tried it and I may have missed something.
Last edited by Teelk on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teelk
Dev Team
Dev Team

PostAuthor: Fubie » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:01 pm

"rudyvarner";p="19600" wrote:Unfortunately it's not an option. As we were told before there would be, I would have never used RC5. But thanks anyways for the quick reply and I will try your suggestion.

No one ever said there would be any type of upgrade from any RC release. It was for testing only and was never meant to go live.

You can try Teelks suggestions but don't be surprised if you don't get much help as was said on every RC release there will be no support for beta releases.
Last edited by Fubie on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http][img=left]http://www.myhorrorstories.com/files/bannerexchange.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http][img=left]http://www.fubie.net/images/geekstufflarge.jpg[/img][/url]

Fubie
Dev Team
Dev Team

PostAuthor: rudyvarner » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:38 pm

Oh God, I think I may have mis-read this post by Teelk. I read it thinking he meant 1.41 as in RC5 would be part of the upgrade path. My mistake.

http://www.integramod.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=105

"Teelk";p="17567" wrote:Yes, there will definitely be an update .script/path to go from phpBB(any version) to the latest IM. Whether it be 1.4.1 or future releases.

I will try all that has been suggested and let you know the results.

rudyvarner

PostAuthor: Helter » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:42 pm

im sorry to be the voice of bad news, but this will not work, unless your proficient in php and sql and take the time to familiarize yourself with how the functions of phpBB work together. I tried to update an rc site that I was using for template and mod dev. I ended up having to cut up the install/schemas files and manually adding tables and editing existing tables just to get the forum back up, and there are still errors. This is why we were so outspoken about not using any of the betas in a live environment, and made you agree to this in order to get the download. If you want to receive any support for your forum, you will have to start over, because even if you are succesfull in getting your forum back online, you will continue to have errors. You can make your new forum in a different folder at your current url and have your members re-register on the new site. If you choose not to do this, then Im sorry, but youll be on your own.
Last edited by Helter on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Cash on hand: 172.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

PostAuthor: rudyvarner » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:36 am

Thank you all for helping me even under the circumstances. I guess I may have no choice but to go live with RC5 and deal with any issues that pop up on my own. I am luckily proficient in PHP and MYSQL as well as have a wealth of programmers at my disposable to combat any issues that may arise. Maybe in my spare time I will create my own upgrade .script and share it with all those that made the mistake of going live with RC5 I've come across lately. Or maybe down the road when the workload lightens I will be able to just convert over to 1.41 final as suggested.

Thanks for everything,

Rudy

rudyvarner

Return to IntegraMOD 141