PostAuthor: Leadfoot » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:12 pm

Your phpBB Version: 2.0.
phpBB Type: Standard phpBB
MODs: Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge
Board URL: http://csasylum.com

PHP Version:
MySQL Version:

What was done before the problem appeared?

What was done to try to solve the problem?

De.scription and Message

For all of you that are going to try and upgrade your site from 140 to 141. I know this may be basic knowledge to most of you but I have never really been able to find the info here. So for anyone that is interested I will try to give you a safe step by step upgrade that you will be able to just delete if it doesnt work and wont affect your regular forums until you are ready to swithch.

First of all you want to log into your website and go to your myslq database for your board. From there run a backup of all files in the database and save them as a file. Now go back to your myslq databases and create a new database with a new name etc. Once you have the new database created upload your backup that you just downloaded.

Now go to your ftp client and download all your existing forum files. eg" root/forum" once you have it downloaded to your harddrive rename the folder to what ever you like and re upload it to your webserver root. The same place you downloaded it from.In my examples your existing forum is in folder called "forum" and new mirror will be uploaded as "forum1"

If your web host is using cpanel here is a tuturial from another site on how to use cpanel to copy your files.

[quote][color=white]This article was written by Fubie from Fubie's Geek Stuff

I have seen several posts on many forums on how people have destroyed their forum by adding or removing mods, or just tweaking the code. Hell, a few months ago I screwed up one of my 1st forums by dropping the tables because I had no clue what I was doing.

I only started playing with php and mysql around 3 or 4 months ago. I created my base forum then taught myself how to add simple mods, I gradually got pretty good at it. But one false move and I trashed my forum. So I came up with a nice safe way to upgrade my forums especially after moving to IntegraMOD.

These steps take into account you are using a hosting company and CPanel.

The first step is always making your backups. You need to backup your forum, and your sql database. Your forum is really easy to backup without having to download it to your computer.

All you need to do is log in to your CPanel on your host. You should have a à¢Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚ ¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“file managerà¢Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚ ¬Ãƒâ€š
Last edited by Leadfoot on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leadfoot
Integra Member
Integra Member

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

PostAuthor: Leadfoot » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:15 am

K guys I made one slight change to the above. So if you read it before I posted this you may want to reread. I forgot that you have to run cookieMod twice.
Last edited by Leadfoot on Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leadfoot
Integra Member
Integra Member

Re: [ KB ]Safely backup and run upgrade on mirror of your si

PostAuthor: Teelk » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:42 pm

May want to also change the CHMOD section to include all files that need CHMODing(from the full install package). Seems a lot of issues people are having when updating is that the CHMODs are not preserved when files are overwritten.
Last edited by Teelk on Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teelk
Dev Team
Dev Team

PostAuthor: Leadfoot » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:39 am

K I will do that asap teelk.

Leadfoot
Integra Member
Integra Member

PostAuthor: Leadfoot » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:35 pm

Done

Leadfoot
Integra Member
Integra Member

Return to IntegraMOD 141