Upgrade problem....

PostAuthor: jagalbraith » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:08 pm

Board configuration:

phpBB 2.0.15
IM Portal v. (something)
calendar_lite mod
Chat_Box by Smartor
CopperMine photo gallery

I attempted to do a upgrade to IM 141 on a test board configuration I've created. I got some errors (surprise). I confirmed that I followed all the "upgrade" rules.

My problem is that I inherited the board so I'm not sure what mods were installed exactly.

I installed in the following manner:
(1) backed up everything (actually it was generated from backups so that's not a problem)
(2) locked board
(3) cleared cache
(4) from FTP access, deleted all files but .htaccess, config.php. and all subdirectories in forum space.
(5) uploaded files from upgrade
(6) set chmod permissions
(7) ran scripts

Here's the log of what happened when the IM141 upgrade script ran:

[code]               Updating to IntegraMOD2 1.4.1      InformationDatabase type    ]

Then when the prillian install script was run....

[code]  Warning]

Do I need to undo something to get a clean install?
Was deleting all of the old files incorrect?
I would appreciate any assistance you can provide.

jagalbraith

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Upgrade problem....

PostAuthor: Helter » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:03 pm

you can ignore the install errors they are due to already having the required tables for IM Portal and the links mod installed.

the prillian install is only required to run the Prillian messenger. If you open the prill_install/mysql_im_schema.sql you will see the prill tables. Delete them from your db and run the prill install again.

I have noticed an occasional glitch with the prill install when you have the db type set to mysqli. If you continue to have difficulties running the prill install, open root/config.php and change mysqli to mysql4 and run the install. after the install you can change it back
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Cash on hand: 187.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

PostAuthor: jagalbraith » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:00 am

Since I was running in a test environment, I scrubbed everything and reloaded back to baseline.

I'll try the modifications suggested and see how it goes.

I'm also going to research the chatbox mod and look at what I can delete from the database prior to running the modification.

Other than templates, baseline styles, and config.php is there anything I need to preserve from the original file structure? I plan on keeping a redundant, locked, old database/board available as a reference baseline if needed. I deleted everything and replaced it with the IM141 upgrade file structure.

I noted an anomoly (I think):
.pafiledbcachetemplates
contains support directories for the styles fisubice, Integra2, and integrastyle

but .templates contains the styles fisubice, Integra2 and subSilver and not "integrastyle"

Is this right?

jagalbraith

Cash on hand: 0.00

PostAuthor: Helter » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:05 pm

yes. Dont worry about additional template folders. I beleive that if chmodded correctly, it will create the folder for any additional templates. If not, you can create them yourself via ftp
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Cash on hand: 187.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

Return to IntegraMOD 141