Database Backup Not Creating Forums

Support for IntegraMOD 141

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Database Backup Not Creating Forums

PostAuthor: Jinxy.Jo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:33 pm

When I was trying to turn off the visual confirmation (many of our users are older and have a difficult time setting up an account) I found this advice on how to do it:

To remove visual confirmation on registration... I think this will work: ACP P.C.P. PCP Wizard Add/Remove Page Fields Make sure it is on Profile >> Profile >> Your profile >> Registration Information In the right list of selected fields, select confirm_code and then move it to the left list. Submit

I did as those directions said and it messed up the entire site. No one could log on and no one could register. I thought no problem. I had a backup. The backup didn't fix it. The problem remained. So, I reuploaded the entire site, reinstalled it, and then did the backup.

That only partially fixed things. It didn't create any of my forums and all posts were lost. When I look at the .sql file, I see the information there....all the forums, all the posts....but it's not putting them on the site or in the database or whatever it is that it's supposed to do. How can I fix this?

Btw....I really love integramod. It has the easiest portal system of any other pre-modded package I've ever used and this is really the first problem I've ever had that a simple backup couldn't fix.

Jinxy.Jo

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Database Backup Not Creating Forums

PostAuthor: Helter » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:18 pm

to get your forums and posts back, go to acp/forum admin/management+ and click the "resync" button. Be sure that your newly uploaded includes/def_*.php files are chmodded to 666
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 187.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

Return to IntegraMOD 141