IntegraMOD 141 Issues

Support for IntegraMOD 141

Moderator: Integra Moderator

IntegraMOD 141 Issues

PostAuthor: Jagang » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:17 am

Hi all,

I've been using Integramod 141 for a while now, I can't even remember when I upgraded to Integramod but its been a while a least 2 years I would guess maybe longer, but I digress...

Recently I have noticed many little problems occuring and was wondering if I could get some suggestions as to how to fix them, or if I might be better to backup my board and just start over.

These are two of the bigger issues:
1. Avatars will not display. As the site admin I can see everyone's avatars and the user can see their own avatar, but other users cannot see any other users avatars.

2. Whenever a user sends a PM they get an error that says:

"Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php"

But the PM actual goes through.

So I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to fix these 2 issues. Thanks.

Jagang

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: IntegraMOD 141 Issues

PostAuthor: Jagang » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:27 am

Oh also, and this one is big too when new users are trying to register on the site no matter how many times they try the CAPTCA code it will never work. They reload and try again, and this never allows them to register.

Even old users who get their account locked cannot unlock their accounts, it will not accept the code. This doesn't happen with everyone but sometimes it does and more recently it has become an issue.

Jagang

PostAuthor: .QUACK.Major.Pain » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:13 pm

Captcha has always been the biggest pain.

You can remove all the different fonts and extra distractions in the image to provide a clearer image.
The captcha is CAPS sensative so this is part of the reason.
The other reason I think is some sort of a glitch where some captcha vary from 3, 4, 5, or so characters.
I think at times there is supposed to be say 5 characters, but maybe only 4 appear therefore anything entered would always be wrong. Can't prove the theory, but that's my thought.

Integramod3 uses a different captcha I beleive so that helps, but Integramod2 needs a new captcha or the ability to install a better one. It's great that the spambots can't signup, but annoying when others legitly can't.

PhpBB3 captcha is rather basic, and spambot have frequently been signing up and spamming our forums. We have has to take other measures to avoid this annoyance.

So either way, you have the good and the bad.

.QUACK.Major.Pain
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Helter » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:43 pm

The most likely cause of most of your trouble is that your php version has been updated since your IM141 install. It may have broken your php mail function by imposing a higher level of server security. Try using smtp mail instead. Youll have to select it and add your smtp username and password in acp/General Admin. There is an article here in the Knowlege Base that may help you debug the mail problem better, but it is a server side issue.
http://www.integramod.com/forum/knowled ... w.php?id=1
The emailer error you are seeing is because your board is attempting to send mail to alert others whom have posted in the topic that a new post has been made, but your server is not allowing your forum to use emailer.php

Avatars are set to display by default when "Display my web information" is selected. If you want them to display all the time regardless,
First check your chmods for PCP
666 profilcp/functions_profile.php
777 profilcp/def
666 profilcp/def/def_userxxxxxx.php

Then go to
acp/P.C.P./PCP Wizard/Alter Page Display
the first page you should see is"Profile>>Public>>Base Info>>Avatar"
where it says"Display When:" set it to "Display Always"
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Cash on hand: 187.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:44 pm

I can verify a few of these issues as well. I have a 1.4.1 site that I am having the very same avatar troubles..... Well, I was. It almost seems to have fixed it self somehow.

As far as captcha goes, I have the same prob as well. I went into the ACP and reconfigured the captcha to an all black bg, and white letters. Most of the problems seem to have gone away now. AND, when new users try to register and they get an invalid code error, if they use the back arrow in their browser, they are going to get that error again even if they do put in the right code. So NEVER use the back button. All ways click the register link again to refresh the page and that problem should go away as well.

And on the emailer.php, there have been several posts here in the past about emailer.php problems. I would do a search and see if you can come up with anything on it. I know I have personally posted about it a few times as well. One time it was a server error, and another time, it was a mod that I added to my board.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:45 pm

Wow Helter now that was quick. You beat me to it. 8)
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Helter » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:55 pm

lol... I had the email problem myself a few years ago. I updated my php version and added mod security. This blocked emailer.php and in trying to fix it, I hosed the entire email funtion on the server and had to pay webhosinggear $120 to fix it. They removed the default Centos5 email function and installed another system in about an hour. It worked great until I bought my own server and co-hosted it. Now I dont mess with the mail functions anymore...lol

Another potential problem for IM141 is lack of memory. I increased usable memory in php.ini, but one of my php updates overwrote this and it defaulted to 2 megs. This created misc errors until I remembered to add mem back in config.ini to overwrite my php.ini
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Jagang » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:38 am

Hey thanks for the responses. I will try out what you suggested Helter this afternoon. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

Jagang

PostAuthor: Jagang » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:57 pm

So thanks again for the help but I'm having a problem when setting the avatar to always display in the PCP Wizard. I get a message that says:

"SECURITY ALERT:
CBACK CrackerTracker has detected a potential attack on this site with a worm or exploit script so the Security System stopped the script.

If you can see this page after including a new MOD into your board or after clicking on a link please contact the Board Administrator with this error message and a description what you have done before you could see this page, that the Admin has the possibility to fix the problem."

This comes up when I click submit. Is there a way to work around this?

Jagang

PostAuthor: Helter » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:52 pm

that is normal for the first time you use an acp function. It is an added layer of security to keep out the script kiddies.
http://integramod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2689
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Allen » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:49 pm

Thanks, I did not know I had an avatar problem until a year and half into the site being live.

No that that is fixed I would like to comment about the Captcha. I removed all fonts and use only Times New Roman also turn off all the background features and or color variations in the admin panel for captcha. This helps greatly. And you can tell your members to simply use the but in the browser to refresh the page this way the info they typed in will still be there. If you refresh the page using the register button they will have to start all over.
Allen
Integra Member
Integra Member

Return to IntegraMOD 141