Tell a Friend small issue

Support for IntegraMOD 141

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Tell a Friend small issue

PostAuthor: Moander » Sat May 29, 2010 5:56 am

I have a question/issue I could use some help on.....

I searched and read alot of threads before I posted this. None of the threads I found provided a fix for my particular problem.....

Using Integramod 1.41, new install, subBlack theme.

Site: http://tubeworks.mortality.net

Problem:

On the main nav menu, there is a link for Tell a Friend. When I use this link, which I would expect it to put the URL of the site into the email, the resulting email yields:

--------------------------------
Hi,
I just read the topic >><< at Tubeworks Reprise and thought you might be interested. Here is the link:

Go and read it and if you want to reply you can register for your own account if you have not done so already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The above email was sent to you from Moog via his account at Tubeworks Reprise. If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:

myemailaddress.com

Include this full email (particularly the headers). Please note that the reply address to this email has been set to that of MyUsername.
-----------------------------------------------

As you can see, no site URL. Again, this link is in the main, default nav menu.

Now, when I'm viewing a News Story, or a forum topic, and use the Tell a Friend link at the story or topic, the email it yields is 100% correct, example:

----------------------------------------------

Hi,
I just read the topic >>Testing BK Butler Topic Icon<< at Tube Works Reprise and thought you might be interested. Here is the link: http://tubeworks.mortality.net/portal.php?topic_id=3

Go and read it and if you want to reply you can register for your own account if you have not done so already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The above email was sent to you from Moog via his account at Tube Works Reprise. If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:

myemailaddress.com

Include this full email (particularly the headers). Please note that the reply address to this email has been set to that of MyUsername.
------------------------------------------------

So, the local links for Tell a Friend work fine, it's the main nav menu link that yields no URL......

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
http://tubeworks.mortality.net - Tube Works / Mosvalve Fan Site
Moander

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Tell a Friend small issue

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Sun May 30, 2010 12:38 pm

I do not currently have any 1.4.1 installs going. I am currently testing IM3 now. BUT I will toss a test install up on my server and see what I can make happen. Maybe you will get lucky and Helterskelter or Cannon will chime in here soon on this one. I did not ever bump into that problem in all the years I ran a 1.4.1 web site.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Cash on hand: 0.00

PostAuthor: Helter » Sun May 30, 2010 3:57 pm

the link in the main menu does not have access to viewtopic so it does not know the post id.
The proper link is in the viewtopic navigation bar. It looks like an envelope.
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Cash on hand: 187.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

PostAuthor: Helter » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:41 am

sorry, seems i deleted your post while tying to edit mine.

If you want to always send your sites url in the email, you need to edit 2 files

OPEN
root/tellafriend.php
FIND
Code: Select all
$mail_body = str_replace("{SITENAME}", $board_config['sitename'], $mail_body);

AFTER, ADD
$mail_body = str_replace("{SITEURL}", $board_config['news_base_url'], $mail_body);

FIND
"SITENAME" => $board_config['sitename'],

AFTER, ADD
"SITEURL" => $board_config['news_base_url'],

OPEN
root/language/lang_english/lang_tellafriend.php
FIND
[code]$lang['Tell_Friend_Body'] = "Hi,nI just read the topic >>{TOPIC}<< at {SITENAME} and thought you might be interested. Here is the link]
REPLACE WITH
[code]$lang['Tell_Friend_Body'] = "Hi,nI just read the topic >>{TOPIC}<< at {SITENAME} and thought you might be interested. Here is the link]
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Cash on hand: 187.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

Return to IntegraMOD 141