Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 307 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 304 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

I'm a newbie idiot

Support for IntegraMOD 141

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Re: I'm a newbie idiot

PostAuthor: Texas-Racer » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:57 pm

The file that you gave me had the profile file, but not the admin_phpbbmyadmin. I replaced the profile file on the forum root with what you gave me.
This is exactly what I did. I opened all of the files using FileZilla, which in return opened them in Text document. I then copied and pasted the changes from the bug report (which was saved as text document) to the original file (not a saved copy) then clicked save from the drop down menu under file, doing that popped up a menu on filezilla asking me if I wanted to upload the new file. It saved the changes I made and uploaded the file back as PHP to the root.
Since doing it that way I learned to download the file to my computer (saved as PHP) and also to upload it back to the forum root.
Since it did save everything I did as PHP on the forum root, could it still have changed something since it was opened in text document?

Texas-Racer

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

PostAuthor: viragotech » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:31 pm

"Texas-Racer" wrote:Since doing it that way I learned to download the file to my computer (saved as PHP) and also to upload it back to the forum root.
Since it did save everything I did as PHP on the forum root, could it still have changed something since it was opened in text document?

Hard to follow all of that but I can tell you that it can be tricky at times to make sure what your using to edit things doesn't change formats on save.
viragotech
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Texas-Racer » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:06 pm

To answer my own question, Yes editing it in text document messes everything up. I fixed the forum problem over the weekend, but I was curious if editing it in text was indeed the problem so I edited it again like I did the first time and got the same error message. Don't worry my forum is not messed up I have been learning the correct way to do all of this so it was easy to fix it.
Thank you for the guidance to figure this stuff out.

Forgot to say Thanks for the link to notepad++ That helps everything a ton.

Texas-Racer

Previous

Return to IntegraMOD 141