Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 309 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 306 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

Problems with PHP 5.4

Support for IntegraMOD 141

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Problems with PHP 5.4

PostAuthor: Khimaira » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:32 am

I have a site using IM 141 - had it for years. My host is in the process of switching to PHP 5.4 but there is about a month before it becomes permanent.

Currently, everything works fine with PHP 5.3. If I try 5.4 (or 5.5), however, a couple of things break: the album/screenshots (Full Album Pack) and the download pages (PafileDB). Both result in blank white pages and any screenshots on the portal become broken link images. I haven't noticed anything else break yet.

Are there any fixes or edits to the IM files I can make to account for this? Been some time since I've had to mess around with the site so pretty rusty...and for this I have no idea what to do. :) Any help would be appreciated.

Khimaira

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:01 pm

I have actually just begun working on a couple of those items. I was accounting for this becoming a factor. I am more of an integrator type of coder. I am hoping Helter Skelter Will chime in if he has already fixed these on his files. Will save us both from some headaches :)

In the mean time, I will look at the files and come back with answers as quick as I can.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Re: Problems with PHP 5.4

PostAuthor: Helter » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:54 pm

Mike was working on this issue awhile ago. FAP was mostly fixed, but Pafiledb is a different animal. It required a major rewrite and im not sure of how far he got with it. He is in jury duty atm, but ill send him this link so he can update us.
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Cash on hand: 172.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

PostAuthor: Michaelo » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:18 am

Monday...
I wasn't called this morning so I'm free until tomorrow...
I'll have a look at my last attempts and see where I left off...

Tuesday...
I have been assigned so time may be limited...

Left off with a few bugs still remaining in Album mod and managed to fix them... Now I have some more to fix but it's getting close.... I'll work through them as fast as I can....

Mike
Kiss Portal Engine phpbbireland (status: Released)
Michaelo
Administrator
Administrator

Album Mod

PostAuthor: Michaelo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:22 am

Would you guys not be better off seeing if I/you can port the Album to phpBB Gallery?

It might be easier building an import .script rather than updating the Album mod and the phpBB Gallery looks the same to me (I'm not familiar with either btw ;))
Michaelo
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Helter » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:53 am

Nick's php gallery? since its a phpBB3 mod, it sounds like a big job. it does have a fap import .script already. its a little strange though because you have to run phpBB3's phpBB2 import .script, install the gallery to phpBB3, then copy the fap tables to the phpBB3 db, then run the import .script and finally copy over all the gallery images.
I'm not sure which way to go on this. once I figure out the KISS portal module prob, I can finish a basic IM3, with just the key Mods so users won't loose years of pics and dl's by upgrading.
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Michaelo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:57 am

I was thinking it might be easier to write the import .script anew rather than the long winded version...
I would need a db with users and the current album mod for testing... anyone got one?

Not saying that's the easiest but certainly worth the effort... Nicks phpBB3 Gallery is up to date and a good deal faster when dealing with a large amounts of images...

It's early days yet... I'm just familiarising myself with the code again... both mods are huge... it's like playing chess and having to remember every move I make so if I have to back track on an edit I remember where I was before hand...

Just compared the DB's ... looks like a nightmare... Back to the drawing board ;)
Last edited by Michaelo on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michaelo
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Helter » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:22 am

http://www.duiplayground.com
ill send you ftp & phpmyadmin tonight. its IM150 but the album hasn't changed. He will need 150 anyway with php5.4
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: Michaelo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:25 am

I love that style CS that is... :)

I edited my last post to comment it looks like a nightmare... but not impossible...
Michaelo
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:23 pm

Sounds a little more long winded then I thought it was going to be. Glad to see you guys on it. I am terrible at doing that kind of stuff. All I was ever good at was tearing apart mods and making them work different or with other mods.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Khimaira » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:10 am

Wow...really appreciate the time you guys are putting into this. Sounds like a real pain to do.

Would it be easier to convert my 1.4.1 to 1.5.0 - assuming that is possible?

Khimaira

PostAuthor: Helter » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:59 pm

the problem is that the album mod and pafiledb are the same from 1.4.x to 1.5.0.
Always use Protection

Helter
Administrator
Administrator

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:00 pm

I just got bit with the php issue today on a old site I have been running for numerous years now. I ended up deleting evey file pafiledb related so I got control of my admin panel back.

I guess if I would have upgraded regularly I would have been hit earlier. :)

MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Khimaira » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:33 pm

Hey guys, wondering how it's going. My downloads & gallery are now non-functional...is there another alternative? Don't really want to make a whole new site from scratch but if I gotta, I gotta :)

Khimaira

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:45 pm

I seriously doubt anyone is going to rewrite either of those 2 scripts. I believe Helter and Mike are trying to work what couple kinds out on IM3 that are left. If I am wrong, I stand to be corrected. I'll let him chime in on it first hand.

Take care!

MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Next

Return to IntegraMOD 141