Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 310 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 309 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

Time Messengers - Comments Wanted Please

If you have a forum using IntegraMOD, post it here and have other members take a look at it, give comments and discuss any improvements (STRICTLY ONE topic thread per site is allowed)

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Time Messengers - Comments Wanted Please

PostAuthor: iceprincess » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:55 pm

With lots of help from everyone here, Time Messengers is finally finished enough to go public. Please take a look and post any suggestions and comments that come to mind. I was trying for ease of use, though I don't think I'm quite there yet.

http://www.timemessengers.com

And a BIG THANKS to all that have helped!!

IcePrincess
iceprincess

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Time Messengers - Comments Wanted Please

PostAuthor: Teelk » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:59 pm

That's a really nice looking site, IcePrincess. The way in which you present the forum is very unique and creative. It's almost as though you've taken a Forum + Portal system and turned it into a CMS(content management system). You've taken the "tree" like structure of the forum and simplified it for your own purpose, I'm impressed with it.

I registered to see how you incorporated the main links bar(the one with home, forum, profile, etc.). Since that bar is at the bottom of your site, you may find new users having difficulty finding it as your post count grows. They'll need to scroll to the bottom of a possibly long list of topics. A couple of things you could do to prevent confusion is adding another main links bar somewhere near the top of the screen or you can try to limit how many topics and/or posts are displayed per page. You can find the configuration for the latter in the forum section of the ACP.
Teelk
Dev Team
Dev Team

Re: Time Messengers - Comments Wanted Please

PostAuthor: iceprincess » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:51 pm

Thanks Teelk. I appreciate your comments. You are right, it would get confusing with having the additional navigation for profile, etc., buried at the bottom of the page. This was exactly the type of thing I thought I might have overlooked. I will add it to the navigation box on the left, in with bookmarks. Also, I have already limited the amount of topics/posts per page, which will probably be adjusted a few times until I hit on not too long/not too short before jumping to the next page.

Integramod is great! I needed all of the functionality that it provides, but wanted a simple-looking webpage. This was my compromise.

Off Topic: Wow, I've never seen this site so quiet. Where is everyone? Must be the holidays that are keeping everyone so busy. Hope everyone has a Happy Holiday season!

- IcePrincess
iceprincess

Return to IntegraMOD Forum Showcase