In total there are 341 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 340 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

Themes and legacy issues

IntegraMOD 140 Themes

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Themes and legacy issues

PostAuthor: thewatcher » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:36 am

I've used IntegraMOD for a couple of years now on various forums I've set up (broke away during IntegraMOD 1.3x because it ran really slowly). However one recurring problem I've noticed is the way that many themes are written, they are really hard to edit or customise. I think this is because they all use FiSubice which in and of itself has some errors, such as styles being stored in assorted .tpl files as well as in the .css file.

For example, little hard-to-notice things (such as the text colour of the text in previous posts that displays when you hit the "reply" button) are frequently left how they are in FiSubice and unfixed - but when changes are attempted in the .css file they are ignored, because the code is actually coming from a template file.

Sadly, my knowledges is enough to pick up on such problems, but woefully insufficient to know how to fix those problems. Is there any chance that in an upcoming version of IntegraMOD, the default FiSubice template could be cleaned up and fixed, with the .css having more comments to let people know what does what? Or, if that would bloat the .css too much, maybe accompany it with a readme.txt that explains which command does what. There are lots of similarly-named styles there.

This might help to drastically reduce the number of questions you get from people like me, who would be able to make their own templates if all they had to do was edit the image links and .css file, instead of looking through all the .tpl files to fix errors.

Regards,
Last edited by thewatcher on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thewatcher

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Themes and legacy issues

PostAuthor: Helter » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:49 pm

For example, little hard-to-notice things (such as the text colour of the text in previous posts that displays when you hit the "reply" button) are frequently left how they are in FiSubice and unfixed - but when changes are attempted in the .css file they are ignored, because the code is actually coming from a template file.

this is often cause due to updating templates and neglecting to change the template name in templates/your template/simple_header.tpl
Most likely the template name in that file is still set to fisubice. Change it to the correct template name and it should solve this problem.
Last edited by Helter on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 172.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

Return to IntegraMOD 140