Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 831 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 829 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

sql causing errors with host

Support for the IM Portal Project

Moderator: Integra Moderator

sql causing errors with host

PostAuthor: BoneHead » Sat May 27, 2006 6:32 am

I have been getting random SQL errors for some time when attempting to view my page. I've just always contacted the host and the site came back up. Well it happened again and I contacted them again and was given this information...

Presently we have set max limit (no of requests) on our server as 100 per account. This is Prevention measure against server crash or any other damage to server. We have set this limit for better operation and if you are getting these errors again and again, you need to check your scripts(pages) are not using more no of the server resources, if so you should modify them so that they will nor exceed allowed server resources.
Mark R: Please check the script, please make sure that you have to use mysql_connect() instead of mysql_pconnect(). Using persistent connections(mysql_pconnect()) can require a bit of tuning of your Apache and MySQL configurations to ensure that you do not exceed the number of connections allowed by MySQL.

So if you are using multiple persistant mysql connections as this consumes resources for a longer period of time. If your script crashes, your connection can stay open for long periods of time. If there is a loop involved, you could accidently eat up all the available connections. That might be considered abuse by an ISP and you could get in trouble. Try using mysql_connect first instead. 90% of the time, a non-persistant mysql_connect call will do the trick just fine.

Now since my site is straight default IMPortal, will going through my database and replacing the sql statements he suggested as suggested create any problems?
Last edited by BoneHead on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BoneHead
Members
Members

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Return to IM Portal Support Forum