Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 311 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 309 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

phpBB updates

Any topics related to phpBB (non-IntegraMOD related)

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Re: phpBB updates

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:54 am

well its been quite sometime since this thread was made but must ask anyhow. I upgraded one of my boards and didnt ask any questions after my last entry into this post BUT upon further review it was stupid of me not to.

there are a couple of instances in the upgrade from 2.0.17 to 2.0.18 where it says to find a line and nothing after it. No replace, no before, no after no nothing.

There are some instances where it says find and the same exact line is found multiple times. Uhhhh I got it right once but am double checking this time as this is my REAL site that im playing with now and cant afford to crash it. Got full backups but still the only stupid question is the one that wasnt asked. So here goes.....

Code: Select all
##-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------------#posting.php##-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------# NOTE --- This is a partial match, the whole line on a fresh installation looks like this]---------------------------------------------#( !$submit ) ? "  ##-----[ IN-LINE REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------#(!$submit) ? '  ##-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]---------------------------------------------#, u.user_sig  ##-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------------------------#, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid  ##-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]---------------------------------------------#"  ##-----[ IN-LINE REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------#'  Is this referring to the " after user_sig?  ##-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------------#profilcp/profilcp_privmsg.php##-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------#         if ( !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['b']) )  ##-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------#         }           if ( $mode == 'edit' )  ##-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------#         }         else if ( $mode == 'edit' )  What goes in between the 2 finds?    ##-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------------#admin/admin_board.php  ##-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------#     "CONFIRM_DISABLE" => $confirm_no,  ##-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------#     "ACTIVATION_NONE_CHECKED" => $activation_none,  (This is found twice, once on line 552 and once more on line 559,  do this edit twice? or just 559???  ##-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------#     'ALLOW_AUTOLOGIN_YES' => $allow_autologin_yes,     'ALLOW_AUTOLOGIN_NO' => $allow_autologin_no,     'AUTOLOGIN_TIME' => (int) $new['max_autologin_time'],  Once again, what goes in between the two finds?  ##-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------------#includes/page_header.php  ##-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------#     phpBBSecurity_Cookies();  ##-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------#     //phpBBSecurity_Cookies();  I dont have that line to find.  Could it be because Im allready upgraded to pbpBB Security latest version?  ##-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------------#includes/functions_validate.php  ##-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------#         if ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result))  

Uhhhh this is found not once but 5 times on this page. Replace the one and leave the next 4 alone?

These instructions are not for the newbie at all and I been at it now for a couple years and I all of a sudden feel like a newbie again. Im frustrated and am only halfway through the upgrade to .18 and premodded files are out of the question due to the modifications on my board.

I understand I could wait for the upgrade to 1.4.1 BUT Im still getting hacked on this one site and badly need to get these upgrades done asap. Like I said this is my live board and am trying to make heads or tails from this and am stuck.

thx for your help in advance

Ray

**UPDATE**
And all was edited per instructions, this is what I got.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare phpbb_ltrim() (previously declared in /home/midwest/domains/mweva.com/public_html/includes/functions.php:424) in /home/midwest/domains/mweva.com/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 453
Last edited by MWE_001 on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:06 am

No takers on this? Im quite surprised.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Teelk » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:27 pm

I'd just go with an IM 141 update.
Last edited by Teelk on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teelk
Dev Team
Dev Team

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:23 am

yeah........... Very good point. BUT Im kicking back reading watching the posts just roll in. My site isnt real active but active enough. Im heavily modded and use a custom theme. Im not sure of the status of my mods working with the new version and dont have the zip files with install doc anymore to make the necessary changes to remove them. Im not sure if my user posts would be saved, or any of that at all. I cant risk my live board going down and loosing all of my info for something that isnt might not work for me. **Rolls the dice**

So as you can see it is very important for me to get the correct updates that i implied about before.Or do the update and just loose every user i have. Take my pick? :wink:

MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Teelk » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:28 am

You could try to run the db update .script from 2.0.22 and then do the IM update, I don't see why that wouldn't work.
Last edited by Teelk on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teelk
Dev Team
Dev Team

Previous

Return to phpBB Related Topics