Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 307 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 304 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

Theme Cloning

This forum contains member submitted templates for IntegraMOD/IM Portal versions

*please read the "Read Me" post*

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Theme Cloning

PostAuthor: richiebgood » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:27 am

Hey, I am trying to clone intera2 and just make a green version instead of blue. All i want to do it change the colour of the cellpic etc.

I am getting the following error.

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not get theme data for themes_id [23]

I changed the theme .css file name and the them_info file but i am missing something. Any help?
Last edited by richiebgood on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richiebgood
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Theme Cloning

PostAuthor: Teelk » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:14 pm

Change the name of the cfg file as well.
Last edited by Teelk on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teelk
Dev Team
Dev Team

PostAuthor: richiebgood » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:30 am

"Teelk";p="22185" wrote:Change the name of the cfg file as well.

yup.
maybe i am going it wrong. I have three folders in my templates folder not. Subise, integra2 and my integra2-camo. The two integra folders are identical except for the remaning of the .css and .cfg files and the blue cell pics are changed to a grean and brown colour.
Is this right?

Or should i be going it like the subice folder, i.e. subice green and black are all in the one folder?

richiebgood
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: richiebgood » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:30 am

any help?

richiebgood
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Whisky » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:07 am

Changing just the names is not sufficient at all to clone a theme...

Open theme_info.cfg, you'll see something like this:
Code: Select all
//// phpBB 2.x auto-generated theme config file for fisubice// Do not change anything in this file!//////fisubice Theme//$fisubice[0]['template_name'] = "fisubice";$fisubice[0]['style_name'] = "FI Subice";$fisubice[0]['head_stylesheet'] = "fisubice.css";$fisubice[0]['body_background'] = "";$fisubice[0]['body_bgcolor'] = "";$fisubice[0]['body_text'] = "";$fisubice[0]['body_link'] = "";$fisubice[0]['body_vlink'] = "";$fisubice[0]['body_alink'] = "";$fisubice[0]['body_hlink'] = "";$fisubice[0]['tr_color1'] = "";$fisubice[0]['tr_color2'] = "";$fisubice[0]['tr_color3'] = "";$fisubice[0]['tr_class1'] = "";$fisubice[0]['tr_class2'] = "";$fisubice[0]['tr_class3'] = "";$fisubice[0]['th_color1'] = "";$fisubice[0]['th_color2'] = "";$fisubice[0]['th_color3'] = "";$fisubice[0]['th_class1'] = "";$fisubice[0]['th_class2'] = "";$fisubice[0]['th_class3'] = "";$fisubice[0]['td_color1'] = "";$fisubice[0]['td_color2'] = "";$fisubice[0]['td_color3'] = "";$fisubice[0]['td_class1'] = "row1";$fisubice[0]['td_class2'] = "row2";$fisubice[0]['td_class3'] = "";$fisubice[0]['fontface1'] = "";$fisubice[0]['fontface2'] = "";$fisubice[0]['fontface3'] = "";$fisubice[0]['fontsize1'] = "0";$fisubice[0]['fontsize2'] = "0";$fisubice[0]['fontsize3'] = "0";$fisubice[0]['fontcolor1'] = "";$fisubice[0]['fontcolor2'] = "006600";$fisubice[0]['fontcolor3'] = "ff0000";$fisubice[0]['span_class1'] = "";$fisubice[0]['span_class2'] = "";$fisubice[0]['span_class3'] = "";$fisubice[0]['img_size_poll'] = "0";$fisubice[0]['img_size_privmsg'] = "0";...

As you can see, ther'es a array declared there which is named like your theme name, "$fisubice" here for instance.
You have to replace all occurence with your new theme's name.

The best way for cloning a theme, and for developping web applications in general, is to use an advanced text editor with some powerfull search/replace functionnalities. I personally use Ultraedit or Dreamweaver.

By this way, all you have to do when cloning a theme is]fisubise.css[/i] to yournewtheme.css and so on...
* then with your (powerfull) editor, you perform a search of all "fisubice" text occurences in all the file of your template folder, and you replace them with your new theme's name.
* save all files, upload the folder, go to ACP/extreme styles and Install the nex theme.
You are done

Hope it helps
Last edited by Whisky on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything

Whisky
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Pogue Moran » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:37 am

I cant even get my extreme styles to clone a theme on my site it just goes to a blank page after I try doing the local file system. Same thing with the ftp
Last edited by Pogue Moran on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pogue Moran
Members
Members

PostAuthor: richiebgood » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:43 am

cheers, i eventually got it to work.
"Pogue Moran";p="22745" wrote:I cant even get my extreme styles to clone a theme on my site it just goes to a blank page after I try doing the local file system. Same thing with the ftp

I had the same problem

I found when i went to browse my files on ftp. i saw that it cloned some of the files, but the imoprtant files with all the names changed. So i then uploaded the remaining files from the orginal theme with the different logos, background colours etc.

If you check out my site now, i have two version so the integra style you can use. only minor changes that i felt would improve the look.Integra2 is a cool style but it looked a bit 'apply mac'y'

richiebgood
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Frost » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:29 pm

You have to use the correct path when cloning a style and for some people it makes a difference having the templates directory chmod'd to allow them to modify files through web and not ftp
Last edited by Frost on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=99px]PhpBB3 Themes[/url] ]PhpBB3 Development Center[/url] [/size]

Frost
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Return to Templates/Themes