Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 305 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 301 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Helter, Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

Unable to log in [Closed]

Support for IntegraMOD 150

Unable to log in [Closed]

PostAuthor: JMS » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:05 am

I am unable to log in to my site,
When I first installed it I got the message

[align=center]You have specified an incorrect or inactive username, or an invalid password.

Click Here to try again

Click Here to return to the Index[/align]

Is it because my username has quotes?
Last edited by JMS on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

JMS
Members
Members

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Unable to log in

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:47 pm

The only possible way to get that message is to use the incorrect login info. You might not want to have " " marks in your user name. Try A-Z (upper or lower and is case sensitive) and numbers.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Helter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:55 pm

If it accepted the username when you created the site, it should be fine. It is more likely that your password is incorrect. request a new one and it should send a link to your registration email.
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Cash on hand: 172.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:35 pm

HelterSkelter";p="40195 wrote:If it accepted the username when you created the site, it should be fine. It is more likely that your password is incorrect. request a new one and it should send a link to your registration email.

That's kind of what I was thinking as well after I posted the reply. I would almost 100% bet on the password being wrong as well. On a side note though, never use a tick ( ' ) mark. The sql database does not like that at all. Found out the hard way a long time ago.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Re: Unable to log in

PostAuthor: JMS » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:42 pm

I asked for a new password, that was the first thing I did, It let me view the board with it's example post. And It accepted the username. new password received but didn't work.

I removed all file and created a brand new database (deleted) old one fist then I loaded up a fresh new IM150 all seams well now. thx for the replies, Guys

JMS
Members
Members

Re: Unable to log in [Closed]

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:56 am

Glad you got it sorted out.

I am not sure why that would have happened. I have actually never had an issue like that ever before. I even went so far as to create a test user on my board with quotes and all and it went fine. Odd, but glad you got it all sorted out.

MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: Helter » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:21 pm

ive changed the install slightly. The install generally stops at the delete chmod.php section to tell you to delete the file. I think most delete the file then click on another link thereby bypassing some of the initial registration steps. This can occasionally create problems so I added a "continue" button which basically refreshes the page and sends the user to the next step.
Always use Protection

Please do not PM for support
Helter
Administrator
Administrator

Cash on hand: 172.60
IntegraMOD version: IM 3

Re: Unable to log in [Closed]

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:22 am

Nice one. That will help out for sure.

MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Return to IntegraMOD 150