Sub Menu
Links Menu
Online Users

In total there are 307 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 305 guests

Most users ever online was 1091 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 60 minutes

Moderm Profiles pages

Feature requests for the next versions of IntegraMOD.

Moderator: Integra Moderator

Moderm Profiles pages

PostAuthor: uk_martin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:47 am

Some exciting work going on at http://www.mpsmod.com/viewtopic.php?t=8 ... c&start=30

They have an "MPS MOD" for phpbb2 which they (or "Jadestone" in person) are developing for phpBB3, with the expected release date in December. When it's done the intention is to convert the "plain vanilla" Profiles in phpbb into someting more resembling a MySpace page. An idea of how it will look can be seen here - http://www.morrisania.com/forum2/profil ... rofile&u=3

OK, this page is not to everyone's tastes but at least it shows the potential.

This MOD it seems, will have built-in Blogging, Birthdays, [url=http]Profile Albums[/url] and Online / Offline / Hidden MODs built in.

OK, so it's a bit radical, but we are getting older and users are getting younger, so something like this can't be dismissed. It would be interesting to see if, when Jadestone at MPSMOD gets his MOD released, it could be integrated into a Stargate release.
Last edited by uk_martin on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uk_martin

Liked in: 0 post
Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Moderm Profiles pages

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:45 pm

The version that is being used for phpBB2.x.x is still in beta and has been for years now. By the time it goes R/C most servers will not support phpBB2 any more. And the most important part to remember is, that MPS Mod will not work with Integramod as Integramod uses PCP and MPS is not PCP compatible.

If you wish, you can install a vanilla phpBB 2.0.23 and Use Im Portal. Then MPS works just fine as that is what I am using to use MPS mod.

As for the December release of a MPS Mod for phpBB3, dont hold your breath. I do believe we have found enough bugs with the current release for phpBB2 that he is going to push another update through for it. Please do not quote me on this though.

If you use IMPortal and install MPS and need help, give me a shout. I have my site setup and working and have customised it quite a bit. I am in the process now of building a new site for the current version of MPS
Last edited by MWE_001 on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

PostAuthor: uk_martin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:25 am

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't really expecting phpbb2 to benefit from the MPS MOD, but more like something to bear in mind for when Intrgramod for phpbb3 comes out, as the MPS for phpbb3 looks like being totally recoded, so the reasons for the incompatability may no longer exist.

Erm, so if "Project" isn't the place for the phpbb3 topics, where should I be looking for them? Sorry for asking but I'm a bit new here...
Last edited by uk_martin on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uk_martin

Re: Moderm Profiles pages

PostAuthor: MWE_001 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:08 pm

I do believe and I stand to be corrected if Im wrong, that MPS WILL infact work with the new Integramod when it comes to light. I dont think the new version will have pcp. Im waiting myself. :?

and no need to move this thread from what I see.
Last edited by MWE_001 on Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

If you build it, I can break it! ~ Whispered in the tone of the movie Field of Dreams.
MWE_001
Sr Integra Member
Sr Integra Member

Return to Design Your Site